Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Reclaiming Your Body: Discipline as Devotion

💬 Got something to share? Text or voice note me (https://www.buzzsprout.com/2628501/fan_mail/new) Monday: Fear is held in your body. Reclamation means taking back what's yours. Last week (Ask Nyomi): Discipline is sexy because it's RESILIENT. Not perfect—resilient. Today: We put it together. We do the WORK of reclaiming your body. Not perfectly. But CONSCIOUSLY. And we do it from where we are RIGHT NOW. 🧘 60-SECOND MEDITATION Place both hands on your body. "My body deserves devotion, not perfection." Inhale. Exhale. "I am showing up. I am continuing forward. I am honoring where I am right now." Inhale. Exhale. "Discipline is how I reclaim my body. Resilience is how I stay." Inhale. Exhale. "I keep going. Not perfectly. But devotedly." One more breath. Release. 💡 THE TEACHING: DISCIPLINE = RESILIENCE Day 13: My body said NO. Day 14: I shut down. Did I go back to Day 1? NO. What I did: I repeated Day 14. I honored it. Then I KEPT GOING. That's not failure. That's RESILIENCE. That's DISCIPLINE. 📝 THE 5 EXERCISES Exercise 1: Listen to Your Body (With Devotion, Not Judgment) • Step 1: Where do you feel tightness? Numbness? Alive? Afraid? (Don't fix it—just listen) • Step 2: What fear lives in that space? (Tight shoulders = responsibility? Clenched jaw = not being heard? Collapsed chest = fear of being seen? Numb belly = fear of feeling?) • Write it down. This is where the work begins. Exercise 2: Your Body Reclamation Practice (Start Where You Are) • Step 1: Choose ONE practice (not everything). Move your body? Feed your body? Breathe? Rest? Feel your body? Pick ONE. • Step 2: Commit to 7 days (not 30, not 90). Write: "For the next 7 days, I commit to ___ as an act of devotion to my body." • Step 3: What does devotion look like? If you miss a day, you don't start over. You continue from where you are. (Like the man who walked Philly to LA—got hit by a car, healed where he was, KEPT WALKING.) Write: "If I miss a day, I keep going from where I am." Exercise 3: Release the Fear Blocks • Step 1: Name it. "The fear in my [body part] is [fear]." Example: "The fear in my jaw is fear of speaking my truth." • Step 2: Release it. Write it & burn it. Say it out loud. Move & shake it out. Breathe it out (inhale fear, exhale release). • Step 3: Replace it. "The fear in my jaw releases. I replace it with: I speak my truth. My voice matters." Exercise 4: Your 7-Day Devotion Commitment • Step 1: Write your commitment. "For 7 days, I commit to ___ as an act of body reclamation. I am not doing this perfectly. I am doing this devotedly. If I miss a day, I continue from where I am. I honor my body. I reclaim my body." • Step 2: How will you track? Simple check-mark in journal or mark on calendar. (Not about perfection—about VISIBILITY. Seeing yourself show up.) • Step 3: What's your backup plan? If you miss a day: Cool, tomorrow I do it. Family emergency? I honor that, next day I restart. Tired? Rest is part of reclamation too. Exercise 5: The Bigger Picture • Step 1: What does reclaiming your body mean to YOU? (Reclaiming from trauma? Disconnection? Shame? Control? Fear?) • Step 2: Who do you become when you reclaim? (When fear doesn't control you, when you listen to your body, when you show up with devotion—who are you?) • Step 3: Is that who you want to be? If YES—you just found your WHY. Your discipline just got SEXIER. Because it's not about the practice. It's about WHO YOU'RE BECOMING. 📝 CLOSING AFFIRMATION My body deserves devotion, not perfection. I am listening to what my body is telling me. I am releasing fear held in my being. I am showing up for my body. Not perfectly, but devotedly. If I fall, I continue from where I am. Discipline is sexy because it's resilient. I am reclaiming my body. Seven days at a time. I am reclaimed. I am unashamed. I am unstoppable. 🏆 WE'RE #100! The Season of Self-Love Podcast is ranked #100 on Million Podcasts for Self-Love Podcasts in the US! Thank you for listening, sharing, and being part of this community. 👉 See our listing: https://public.millionpodcasts.com/v1/public/tk/GEbRwGQf5u8Y3d1TCQ1a1u9KCPSeXO3lFCgoXNICTwUbSwPunlgXGUYkJVjS%2BFUG3lX57JQWHyVbFt5VE%2FlJ%2BiJWB69tSCYoSO4XFgMDSxASQwHwj1IaJAvUF0oDyh3P4BnNtloVJy9VFu4lCflPDRhRAqxaViIaSu7xFg%3D%3D 💬 CONNECT WITH ME Text or voice note: Link in show notes Instagram: @TheRealNyomiBanks | @TheSeasonofSelfLovePodcast Website: theseasonofselflove.com YouTube: @TheSeasonofSelfLovewNyomiBanks (NEW: Flashback Fridays — never-before-seen videos!) Million Podcasts: See link above 🎯 ELEVATE ME APP Phase 2: Healing & Reclamation is specifically designed for this work. 7 days FREE (you can do it alongside your 7-day body reclamation practice!) 👉 Start today: studio.com/nyomi or elevatemenyomi.com #️⃣ HASHTAGS #ReclaimYourBody #DisciplineAsDeVotion #ResilienceNotPerfection #7DayChallenge #BodyReclama...

from Nyomi's World https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeUUvNsENQo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reclaiming Your Body: Discipline as Devotion

💬 Got something to share? Text or voice note me (https://www.buzzsprout.com/2628501/fan_mail/new) Monday: Fear is held in your body....